Sage 50 is a fantastic accounting software with all the features/tools to manage your financial operations easily. The one-stop accounting software aims at SMES and consists of a set of various tools such as inventory, cash flow, budgeting, and taxation. No doubt, transferring Sage 50 to another computer is an important task when you have installed Sage 50 on another system. However, the process to migrate sage 50 data from one Computer to another is hectic and involves a number of steps. If you wish to transfer Sage 50 data and are looking for a trustworthy process, then keep reading this blog. In this blog, we have explained the entire migration process in a simple language.
Dial Toll Free Number: +1-(866)-430-0630 and Speak to our Specialist
Why You Need to Migrate Sage 50 Data to Another System?
Before moving to the migration process, let us first understand why you need to transfer Sage 50 Data to another system. There are a couple of reasons for this migration. Let us have a quick look at the reasons responsible for moving the Sage 50 accounting application from one system to another.
- The current system becomes older and can not be updated to the newer version.
- Current windows of your system become corrupted.
- The updated version of Sage 50 is not supported by the current operating system.
- You wish to migrate to a newer system and wish to install Sage 50 on a new computer.
Preparatory Steps to Transfer Sage 50 from One Computer to Another
There are a few preparatory steps that need to be performed before transferring Sage 50 to another computer. Below, we have mentioned all the important things to be done before initiating the migration process.
- Make sure that the new system meets the minimum system requirements.
- You are logged in on your new system as an administrator.
- Keep your Sage email ID, password, and encryption password ready in case you wish to access Sage data via Sage Drive.
- Make sure you have the relevant information to access the data folder on Sage network, in case the data is stored on Sage network.
- Ensure that you have backed up all your essential data in case it is stored on the local C drive.
- Also, note down your serial number, activation key, and your account number.
What are the System Requirements of Sage 50 Accounting Software?
To install the application error-free, make sure that the new system fulfills the minimum system requirements. Let us have a quick look at the Sage 50 accounting software system requirements.
- RAM – Minimum is 2 GB; however, the recommended one is 4 GB.
- Processor – 2 GHz or a higher one.
- Disk Space – A minimum of 5 GB with an additional 1 GB for installation.
- Screen Resolution – 1920 X 1080 or 1024 X 768
- Web Browser – The latest version of web browsers, such as Chrome and Edge.
- Operating System – Windows 10 or 11 that has the latest Windows updates.
How do you transfer Sage 50 Data from one Computer to another System?
Transferring Sage 50 data from one system to another might seem to be challenging; however, it is much easier than users assume. You can accomplish the process via two methods. The first method is via third-party software, and the second one is a manual step-by-step process. Below, we have explained the manual step-by-step process that involves copying the company file and then transfer the Sage 50 license to another system.
Pre-Steps before Backing-Up your Data
Foremost, you need to back up your crucial files on your current system. To transfer the data to the new system:
- Make sure that there is no error.
- Create the backup on an external device such as a hard drive or memory stick.
- Ahead, run the check data to ensure that there are no data discrepancies.
- If there is any data discrepancy, resolve the issue before transferring the data.
The steps that will help you in creating the backup of data are as follows
- Sign in to your Sage account by using your admin credentials.
- After that, click on the File menu and then pick the backup data option from the drop-down list.
- Ahead, provide the file name for your backup. The default file name is SageAcctsCompany Name YYYY-MM-DD hh.mm.ss.001.
- Further, browse the location where you wish to save your backup and click OK.
- Thereafter, choose select all file types to include in the backup and press the OK button.
- Next, check your data and click on the yes button.
- Finally, click on the close button to end the process.
Download and Install Sage 50 on the New System
Next, you need to download and install Sage 50 accounting software on your new system. The steps that will help you in accomplishing the same task without any issue are:
- Firstly, you need to download the relevant Sage accounting software on your new system.
- In order to download the application, open the web browser and log in to your Sage account using your admin credentials.
- After that, search for the relevant application and click on the download button.
- Further, save the file in the desired location on your system.
- After that, press the CTRL + J keys together to open the download folder and find the downloaded file for the Sage accounts.
- Next, click on Sage50_accounting.exe file to install Sage 50 on a new computer.
- Click on the Yes button if asked to make changes to your system.
- Further, accept the terms and conditions and click on the Next button.
- Moving ahead, choose the installation type – standard or network.
- Next, click on Yes begin the installation button.
- Restart the system when the software gets installed on your system.
Note: You need to activate the product on your new system once it is downloaded and installed. So, make sure that you keep the serial number and the activation key handy.
Transfer the Data from the Old Computer to the New System
When transferring the sage data from the old system to the new one, there are several options. You can pick the easiest one.
Option1: Transfer using the Sage Backup File
We have already explained the process of creating backups on your system in this blog. Hopefully, you have already created the backup of your important data files. Now, you need to restore Sage 50 backup in your new system. The below-mentioned steps will help you in restoring the backup file on your new system.
- Open the Sage 50 accounting application on your new system. Hopefully, you have already activated the application on your new system.
- Next, click on the File menu and then pick the restore option.
- Further, choose the restore from back-up option and click on the next button.
- Moving ahead, choose the browse option to locate the backup and click on the open button.
- Now, enter the name of the company file and click on the OK button.
- Ahead, choose to overwrite the data option and press the next button.
- Lastly, press the close button to end the process.
Note: Repeat the step for each of the company files that you wish to restore.
Option 2: Transfer the data folder to the new Computer
You can transfer the entire folder with the data to the new system. The folder contains the preferences file, company files, and several other files. By transferring the folder, you can import all your data.
The steps to find the data folder on the old system are as follows:
- Sign in to your Sage 50 accounting software by using your admin credentials.
- After that, click on the file menu and choose the properties option.
- Now, note down the directory of the company file and the name of the company file.
- Further, copy the.SAI file and the entire. SAJ folder to your new system
- Next, open the Sage 50 accounting software on your new system and click on Select an existing company file.
- Ahead, browse and select the company file and click on the open button.
- Wait to open the company file.
Option 3: Download the copy of the company file from the Remote Access
The remote service of Sage allows you to access your company file on the new system remotely. To access this service, you need a subscription of this service. The below-mentioned steps will help you download the company file via remote access.
- Firstly, open the Sage 50 accounting software on your new system.
- Ahead, click on the file menu option and choose to connect a shared company file option.
- Further, provide the credentials to authenticate the process.
- Now, choose the company file from the shared companies window and click on Connect to download the file.
Connect to Your Data on New System
Now you have transferred the data to the new server; you can connect the data to your new system so that the users working on these systems can access the data.
Steps to Connect workstations to new Sage server
- Foremost, open the Sage application on your new system and click on the connect option.
- Further, choose the browse option and go to the data directory.
- Next, click on continue, followed by the connect option.
- Ahead, provide the admin credentials and press the OK button.
How to Add Company Files to the Newly Installed Software?
You can add the existing company files to the newly installed Sage 50 accounting software. There are two different scenarios when you can add the company files. Below, we have explained both the scenarios.
Scenario 1: Adding the company file to the newly installed Sage 50 software.
The steps that need to be performed for adding the company files are as follows:
- Open the Sage 50 accounting software, enter the registration details, and click on the continue button.
- Now, choose the option “Use an existing company stored on your network” and press the browse option.
- Ahead, open the shared folder and choose the ACCDATA folder.
- Press the OK button and verify the company file information.
- Lastly, choose the covert or connect option.
- Now, you can access the data file on the server.
Scenario 2: Adding the Company File to an Already Installed Sage 50
The steps to follow to add the company file to an already installed Sage 50 software are as follows:
- Open the Sage 50 software and log in to the company file using the manager’s credentials.
- Now, click on the file menu and pick a new option.
- Further, choose the company option and select the “use an existing company stored on your network” option.
- Next, click on the browse option and choose the ACCDATA folder.
- Lastly, verify the company file information and choose the convert or connect option.
How do you transfer Sage 50 Forms to a new system?
You can also transfer Sage 50 user-defined forms to the new system from the old system. The steps that will help you in transferring the forms are as follows:
- Foremost, find the user-defined Sage 50 forms in your old system.
- Next, you need to copy the forms to the new system.
- Ahead, open Sage 50 on your new system and click on the setup option.
- Further, choose the reports and forms option and then click on invoices.
- Ahead, choose the user-defined invoices and select the browse option to locate the forms.
- Lastly, click on open and then on the OK button to end the process.
Sage 50 is a prominent accounting software with sophisticated features/tools. The software simplifies the financial task of SMEs and helps them in managing their complex financial operations. Though, at times, you need to transfer Sage 50 data from one system to another. The transfer sage 50 data process seems to be a complex one; however, it is much easier in real. Hopefully, this blog helps you in transferring the Sage 50 license from one system to another. You can call our experts immediately if you feel the need for a piece of expert advice.
Frequently Ask Questions (FAQs)
Yes, you can transfer Sage 50 to another system. Read the complete blog to know more about the same.
Select the option to automatically set up a Windows Firewall during the Sage 50 installation procedure on the newly installed server system. To configure the Firewall for Sage 50, you may also create inbound and outbound rules using the Advanced Firewall Options.
There are several different domains on the Sage 50 user list. Among these are the software sector, the building industry, manufacturing, food and beverages, nonprofit, healthcare, and education industries. Usually, companies with up to 10 employees use the software.
Yes, our experts are experts in their field and can easily handle any type of Sage situation. They will help you resolve the various Sage errors, installation of the software, upgradation, update process, or even the data migration process.
Before you can access the data stored on the new server, the workstations must be connected to the new server system. To resolve this issue, you can opt to open a company file on a network and set the workstation’s address to the new server.