The “Unable to Register Data Source Error” is a common execution error in Sage 50 software that occurs when the users are setting up the application in their system or while running reports. The common causes for Sage 50 Unable to Register Data Source Error are issues with the configuration or the users not having the required permission to access certain files. A possible resolution to fix this error can be the reinstallation of the application or providing admin-level privileges to the user or the application.
In the narrative below, we have listed some common causes of “Sage 50 Unable to register Data Source Error.” Along with that, we will list some resolutions through which you can fix this error. Stay with us till the end to get A-Z details regarding Sage 50 Data Source Error.
What Exactly is the Error “Sage 50 is Unable to Register Expression Library”
The Error where Sage is unable to connect with Sage Data Services is commonly encountered when the users have opened or signed up for the records more than once. Also known as the Data Supply Error, this one is more worrying than any other technical glitches users face in their accounting applications.
Sage 50, also known as the Peach-Tree by many users, is one of the best accounting solutions available for medium and small business to handle their operations and finances. The occurrence of these technical issues while using the application can be a big hurdle or hindrance in the way of the users to automate their business functioning.
Therefore, it is necessary that users should know the troubleshooting to resolve these issues. You first need to know the root cause that is creating or triggering that technical glitch in your application.
Below, we have discussed some of the common causes for causing Sage 50 to be unable to register data source errors. Based on the causes, we will provide various troubleshooting methods.
Also Read: Sage 50 Not Responding/Opening
Common Causes Triggering Sage 50 Unable to Register Source Error
Various common sources which trigger Sage 50 errors are:
- Incorrect credentials while accessing any data files.
- You might be using an outdated or incompatible version of the Sage application.
- Incompatibility issues with the Registry Cleaner, like invalid passwords and connectivity issues with the data source.
- Incorrect System Regional Settings.
Possible Ways to Fix Sage 50 Unable to Register Data Source Error
Based on the probable cause that is triggering the Data Source Error in the Sage 50 Application, the respective methods that can be taken by the user to fix it. Some of the common troubleshooting methods to fix this are discussed below:
Fix the System Regional Settings
The common cause of the Data Source Error in Sage 50 is the compatibility issues. Many factors can give rise to incompatibility between the system and the application. The first one is the language and the regional information updated in the system. To fix that, you can follow the given steps:
- Open the run prompt in the system for which you need to press “Window +R.”
- On the appeared dialogue box, you need to enter the command “intl.cpl”
- This will open the dialog box of Regional and System settings, where you need to hit the option “Format.”
- From the drop-down, hit the option English (UK) or English (Ireland).
- Now, select the tab “Location” where you need to select the current location. There, hit the option “Current Location.”
- Select Ireland or the United Kingdom.
Use the CCleaner Registry Cleaner
The CCleaner is a performance optimizer that speeds up your system and performs all the related tasks through which your system can work properly at its optimum. While the CCleaner is an amazing tool, it can be recommended to use it as a registry cleaner. Through this, you can erase unwanted corrupted or damaged registry files there can be chances that you might resolve the error of Sage 50 unable to register data source. The CCleaner is a performance optimizer that speeds up your system and performs all the related tasks through which your system can work properly at its optimum. While the CCleaner is an amazing tool, it can be recommended to use it as a registry cleaner. Through this, you can erase unwanted corrupted or damaged registry files there can be chances that you might resolve the error of Sage 50 unable to register data source.
Fix the Damaged Installation Files and Install the .NET Framework.
The presence of any damaged or corrupted installation files related to the Sage application can easily trigger many issues in the system. Once such common issues occur, Sage 50 is unable to register the expression Library. To fix this, you need to install the .NET framework in your system. Either .NET 2.0 or .NET 3.5. To install the given .NET component, follow the given steps:
- Open the option “Program and Features” option in the control panel of the system.
- On the left side of the screen, you can locate the option “Turn Window Features ON or OFF” and select the desired .NET framework.
- Afterwards, click OK.
- To complete the installation, there will be a requirement to download some files. Proceed with the given instructions to initiate the download and the installation process.
- Once the installation has been finished, open the Sage Application and check whether the error has been fixed. Others follow the next step that has been discussed.
Update the Sage 50 Application to the Latest Version.
Incompatibility issues arise when the users install the updates in their system operating system but do not have an updated counterpart of the accounting application they are using. To fix that, users need to make the required upgrades in their Sage application, which can be compatible with the Windows Operating system. Before you proceed to install any update in the system, you need to take a backup of the data files to avoid any further issues with the system.
Afterward, you need to check that your system is fully compatible in order to support the Sage latest version, i.e. if it fulfills the technical requirements to run the Sage 50 latest version.
After that, follow the given procedure to upgrade your Sage 50 application to the latest version:
- Open the Sage application, where you have to navigate to the Help menu.
- From the Help menu, hit the option “Check for Updates.”
- If any update is available, then you can click on “Download Now.”
- Before the downloading starts, a window will pop up on the screen asking you to take a Backup of your files. If you need to take a backup, click on “Yes”; otherwise, hit “No” which will set you to the downloading process.
- To initiate the update process, accept the terms and conditions by hitting the checkbox and then click “Next.” You also have to select the folder/directory where the downloaded file will be saved.
- Hit the option “Yes” to start the installation process.
Fix the Damaged Installation Files of Sage 50 application
For that, you need to uninstall the Sage application and then download it again or install it again from the CD Drive. For that, you need to uninstall the Sage application and then download it again or install it again from the CD Drive. Based on your purchase that whether you have purchased a hard copy of the application or have downloaded from the official website, you can reinstall the application and check for the given error.
Use the Sage 50 Repair Tool in your System
The Sage 50 Repair Tool is an application for the Sage accounting software through which users can easily encounter common technical glitches in the system. Users can easily download the Sage 50 Repair Utility from the official Sage website. The Sage 50 Repair Utilize offers the following functions:
- Fixing the damages or improper components of the Pervasive Database Engine.
- Restore or repair outdated files in the Data Path.
- Fix many other issues related to the data path across the network, among which Unable to register data source error is a common one.
Also Read: Install Sage 50 US Edition
Making it Short and Simple
The technical glitch where Sage 50 is unable to register expression library is a common one. However, the more common it can be, the more mandatory it is to remove, as it can create major hindrances among the users while working on the Sage 50 application. The foremost resolution is that you update the accounting solution or use the registry cleaner. While the solution is an easy-step method, sometimes there is a requirement for assistance from a technical expert. In that case, it is recommended that you connect with Sage Online Solutions.
About Sage Online Solution Support
The Sage Online Solution is the best technical support provider for various users who are having issues with their Sage applications. Various means through which users can connect with the Sage Online solution is through Live Chat, Helpline Number, or even through mail, where we revert instantly. So, connect with us, most probably through the Helpline number, where we can interact with you directly, identify the issues and it root cause and provide the required solution within the minimum time possible.
Frequently Ask Questions (FAQs)
The Sage 50 application you are using might be outdated, have a missing .NET framework, or there might be some damaged installation files in the system. Based on the cause of which the error is occurring, you can take the desired steps to fix it.
The following measures can be taken in the error of failed data source registration occurs:
- Update the accounting application
- Use the right Window Registry Cleaner.
- Fix the regional system settings
- Use the Window Registry Cleaner to fix corrupt files.
The following error occurs when the user has the wrong version of Sage 50 Data services or stops running on the system that stores the Sage Data. To fix this, you have to restart the system that is currently holding your Sage 50 accounts data. Otherwise, you need to check with the Task manager that either of the Sage 50 account services is disabled in the system.
Based on the root cause that triggers this error, you can select a variety of steps that you can use to resolve this Sage Error. Some of the common measures to fix this error are listed below:
- Update the Sage 50 application.
- Fix Regional Setting in the system.
- Use a recommended Registry Cleaner in your system.
- Reinstall the application in your system.
- Install or set up the .NET framework.
The Database Repair Utility Tool is an extension of the Sage Application through which users can easily fix some commonly occurring errors in their accounting application. Through Database Repair Utility, different errors, including the ones like Data Source error, can be easily resolved.